People do strange things, therefore weird laws are written to help straighten them out. Some of these bizarre laws almost seem like urban myths or too ridiculous to be real, yet odd as they are, they were created for a reason. Some of these laws date back several hundred years and were never changed or eliminated and make very little sense in today’s world, but nonetheless these weird laws found all around world do exist.
1. In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
2. In Salt Lake County, Utah, it’s illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
3. In San Francisco, it’s illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
4. In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
5. In Bozeman, Montana, a law prohibits all sexual activity from the front yard of a home after sundown.
6. In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour. (that would be one clever trick)
7. In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
8. In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
9. In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping. (perhaps they could benefit from one of these strange gadgets)
11. In Danville, Pennsylvania, all fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
12. In Connersville, Wisconsin, during sexual intercourse, it is against the law for a man to fire his gun whilst the woman in having an orgasm.
13. In Pennsylvania, it’s against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
14. In New York City, it’s illegal for a restaurant to call a sandwich a “corned beef sandwich” if it’s made with white bread and mayonnaise.
15. In San Francisco, California it is unlawful to use used underwear to wipe off cars in a car wash.
16. In France, it is against the law to sell an “E.T” doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
17. In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered “simple assault,” but biting someone with your dentures is “aggravated assault.”
18. In the state of Washington, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)
19. In Switzerland, it is illegal for a man to relieve himself while standing up after 10pm.
20. In Florida, it is illegal to fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
21. In Massachusetts, it is illegal to go to bed without first having a bath. (However, another law prohibits bathing on Sunday)
22. In Jidda, Saudi Arabia, women were banned from using hotel swimming pools in 1979.
23. In Samoa, it’s a crime to forget your own wife’s birthday.
24. In Alabama, prison guards are forbidden from referring to their spouses as “the old ball-n-chain.”
25. In London, England it is illegal for a City cab to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
26. In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
27. In England, it is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the Queen upside down.
28. In Los Angeles, CA it’s illegal for a waiter to tell a customer “I’m really an actor.”
31. In Texas, it’s illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.
32. In Australia, it’s illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.
33. In Cannes, France, it’s illegal to wear a Jerry Lewis mask.
34. In New Jersey, answering a traffic cop who asks “Do you know why I pulled you over?” by saying,“If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you” is an automatic $300 fine.
35. In York, it is legal to kill a Scotsman within the ancient city boundary, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
36. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
37. In Kentucky, it’s illegal to paint your lawn red.
38. In Portugal, it’s against the law to pee in the ocean.
39. In South Carolina unmarried women are not allowed to buy edible panties.
40. In Italy, anyone considered “obese” is forbidden from wearing polyester.
41. In Montana, it’s illegal to tear a phone book in half.
42. In California, anyone caught selling a “smoothie” that has lumps is breaking the law.
43. In Michigan, it is illegal to chain an alligator to a fire hydrant.
44. In Arkansas, it’s illegal for a woman getting married for the second time to wear a white wedding gown.
45. In Victoria. Australia after mid day on Sunday, it’s illegal to wear pink hot pants.
46. In Connecticut, night watchmen are forbidden from drinking decaf coffee while working.
47. In Kentucky, carrying ice cream cones in your pocket is illegal.
48. In International Falls, Minnesota, you can be fined if you let your dog chase a cat up a telegraph pole.
49. In Iowa, after 5 minutes of kissing you’re breaking the law.
52. In Miami, Florida, imitating animals is illegal.
53. In Oxford, Ohio, a woman undressing in front of a picture of a man is breaking the law.
54. In Baltimore, Maryland, taking a lion to the cinema is illegal.
55. In Washington, pretending to have wealthy parents is illegal.
56. In Texas, if you are going to commit a crime, you legally have to give 24 hours notice to the police.
57. In South Dakota, It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
58. In Maryland, Randy Newman’s song ‘Short people’ is still banned on the radio.
59. In St. Louis, Missouri, if a woman is in her night clothes, it is illegal for a fireman to rescue her.
60. In Victoria, Australia, you need a licensed electrician to change a light bulb.
63. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be sentenced to death by firing squad.
64. In Bahrain, male doctors only legally examine a woman’s genitals through a mirror.
65. In Providence, Rhode Island, selling tooth paste and a tooth brush to the same customer on a Sunday is illegal.
66. In Alexandria, Minneapolis, it is illegal for a man to have sexual intercourse with a woman with sardines on his breath.
67. In Singapore chewing gum is illegal.
68. In Arizona, hunting camels is against the law.
69. In North Carolina, it is illegal to swear in front of dead people.
72. In Iowa, it is illegal for horses to eat fire hydrant.
73. In Vermont, a woman must get written permission from her husband to wear false teeth.
75. In Los Angeles, it is illegal to bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
76. In Oklahoma, it is against the law to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7 PM.
77. In Israel, you could be prosecuted for picking your nose on Sunday.
78. In Sweden it is illegal to use the services of a prostitute. Prostitution is legal though.
79. In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without your underwear on.
80. In California, it is illegal to keep a child from playing in puddles of water.
83. In Turkey, it is illegal for a man above 80 yrs to become a pilot.
84. In Chicago, it is illegal for anyone to eat in a place that is on fire.
85. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
86. In Eureka, Nevada, it is illegal for men with mustaches to kiss women.
87. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.
88. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.
89. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.
90. In Texas, it is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
91. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limit.
94. In Chico, California, the law states that anybody who detonates a nuclear device within the city limits is liable to a fine of $500.
95. In Tremonton, Utah, it is illegal for a woman to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance.
96. In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found.
97. In Lebanon, If a man is caught having sex with a male animal then the penalty is death- sex with a female animal is ok (o_O)
98. In Minnesota, it is against the law to hang male and female underwear together on the same washing line.
99. In Texas, It is illegal to sell one’s own eye.
100. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.
If you know of any other weird laws from around the world, feel free to share with the rest of us.
13 September at 03 : 09 AM 0